Thursday, April 22, 2010

happy Earth day!

well, ok it's almost over (2 hrs left and counting..) but better late than never

I've never really been a big recycle freak, but I try to do my part. we don't leave lights on, un-plug stuff that we don't use, try not to waste water, yadda yadda. the simple stuff you know. but today Oprah's show really hit me, like I had my ah-HA moment. perhaps it didn't help that I recently watched the movie 2012 and I'm now certain that the end is near, or better yet it's the "mommy" syndrome setting in and i'm thinking of her future. and the rate we are going I don't think its looking good.

depressing as hell but so true

that ginormous pile of garbage in the pacific ocean is beyond horrible and it's all OUR fault

and the slaughtering of dolphins, shocking, horrifying beyond words (I cried)

how did we get this way?
why do we waste so much?

don't know

don't think will ever know but we need to stop

so i'm going to try just a little bit harder to go "green". I want to start a compost, in fact we are even going to plant our first garden this year. I want to start using chemical free products (mostly cleaning stuff as it is bad for the baby) and I just want to learn as much as I can about it all so that I can make a difference. I feel empowered and excited for the first time in a long time

No comments: