Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a year ago today...

I was laying in a hospital bed awaiting your arrival. nervous, scared, excited and hopeful. I just wanted to see you and to hold you. and at 3:30 am (roughly) you came out into the world screaming and you were the best thing that I have ever laid my eyes on (all red and covered in goo you were perfect). how awkward that first attempt at breast feeding was, the sleepless nights, worrying if you were to cold, to hot, not breathing..and just coming to terms with it all

I cannot believe it has been a year already

i'm quite weepy about this really

its going too fast, my baby isn't really a "baby" any more. well not a helpless little baby anyways, she'll always be my baby in my heart

Happy 1st Birthday baby girl

4 comments:

MJ said...

Happy birthday!!!

Wandering Coyote said...

I totally forgot that it HAS been a year! And what a year it's been, too, Flea. I have enjoyed reading every line of your blog since your baby's birth, and you are still my pregnancy/new mommy hero! Happy birthday to your little one and congratulations for a wonderful first year of parenthood for you. You are awesome!

Ben O. said...

Happy Birthday! So sweet.

flea said...

thanks everyone!