now normally i only drink (aka get drunk) like say mabye 4-6 times over a full year (,Halloween, Christmas, New Year's, July 1st, and the odd camping trip or corn boil), but this past year i seem to have broken from the trend as i think i'm way past my "normal" restrictions. i've lost count. now not only have i lost count but i've also done something i've never done before. what you may ask? well, i got piss ass drunk with hubby's family and a bunch of strange people i've never ever met before. yes. it's true.
so in my typical run down/play by play here is a run down of my evening
- attended party @ my brother-in-law's house in St. Andrews, NB, to celebrate his marriage (wedding was earlier in the day) with a BBQ (they didn't have a dance, not really sure why), that ended up being rained out as it down poured, but that didn't phase any of us at all. i should note that i didn't even want to go to this said gathering, but it ended up with me being the one having such a steller time
- spent the 1st hour or so in a corner with hubby and his sister & hubby. not really drinking at this point, and already plotting when we could make our escape
- an hour later and 1 1/2 cooler's later i was beginning to somewhat enjoy myself
- another hour later and several shooters later i had a new best friend. my shooter buddy, that i've never met before in my life. told her several times how much i loved her and thought she was soooo cool.
- appointed Hugh (another brother-in-law) as our "Leader" to get us all back to our hotel in one piece, even though he was the drunkest out of all of us at this point
- continued doing shooters and drank another 1 1/2 cooler, i am now socializing like crazy and talking to everyone. my little space in the corner has long been forgotten
- everyone (including me) had a good laugh at my expense as the cooler's i was drinking made my mouth like a bright vibrant red. like ronald mcdonald red.
- danced around the living room with brother-in-law, and proceeded to take several crazy/dirty/raunchy pictures with him (oh god!)
- am still doing shooters, and have totally lost count. hubby is now warning me to slack off and is giving me "his look". i just ignore him
- i either broke the toilet or was just unable to function enough to run it as it had some sort of fancy lever thingy on it
- flirted with the best man right in front of hubby, just to show him i still "got it"
- more dancing
- consumed my last cooler, and totally forgot where i sat it down, didn't really matter as i'm so gone by this point
- made yet another "new" best friend, whom i yet again professed my love and new found friendship too
- there may have been some more dancing and singing it's all a little blurry at this point
- one of the living room chairs got broken by like 4-5 people piling on it, i don't think i was involved in this, but i'm not 100% sure. resulted in a 10-15 minute laughing fit by everyone
- shortly there after we dance to one last song and headed for the hotel by foot as it was now 3:00 AM and none of us were in any shape to drive
- was the longest walk of my life. several stops as i thought i was going to puke and or die on the side of the road along with several laughing fits
- passed out blissfully and laughing in my bed and believe it or not i was not sick! ha!
what have i learned:
- shooters are not your friend, although they will make you new ones in no time, they always come back to bite you in the ass
- do not take raunchy photo's with brother-in-law, espically when it's not my camera and i have no control over deleting it
- do not flirt with said brother-in-law, even though he is really, really cute.......
- always pack advil in my over night bag - so regretted not packing drugs my head still hurts
ah, the joys of drinking!
Congrats Jonathan & Tammy it was a beautiful wedding and an even better party