Sunday, February 07, 2010

surprize!

no i'm not pregnant again

and I didn't win the lotto but I got the next best thing

my sister is home for a short stint

and the best part (or worst depending on how you look at it) was that it wasn't planned it was just a spur of the moment thing.

so sometimes surprizes can be a good thing

so we've been cramming in as much time together as possible and sadly she leaves tomorrow (boo)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

OMG how good was LOST last week?

I have no idea where they are going with this and I am so looking forward to this last season I have even restrained myself from reading spoilers

it's just so darn good

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

miss Lily has been sleeping in her own room in her crib and is doing so well I think the first night was harder on her dad and I than her as we constantly were checking in on her. I don't know where or what I think will happen to her in there as she can't go anywhere but I can't help but think the worst so i'm a total paranoid wack job.

now I have a question

to pierce her ears now or to wait until she is older? I was always initially very opposed to this idea but the more I think of it I wonder if it would be easier now....

thoughts and feedback would be appreciated

and that's all I got for now

3 comments:

xxxx said...

I have no idea about the ear piercing but yay for her sleeping in her bed!! AND sister visits!

Lost has me so confused, I swear. ha ha.

Wandering Coyote said...

LOST is going to be crazy this year! Totally!

OK, you asked so I'll tell you: I am opposed to piercing babies ears. Basically because I am a pierced person myself (13) and I know that they require care during the healing process. With babies, too much risk of infection since their fingers are everywhere and they're touching everything all the time - and so are you. Also, as an experienced pierced person, I HATE the guns they use for piercings at non piercing parlour piercing places. The guns are not good. The studs they use are not sharp enough to pierce the skin properly, so they end up tearing skin and the piercings is less clean. Also, this is obviously a more painful way of doing it. Additionally, not all piercing guns are sanitary. So, Flea, if you do decided to pierce Miss Lily's ears, I encourage you to go to an actual piercing parlour and have an experienced piercer do the piercing, with a needle, etc. WAY better way to go. I tell this to everyone who asks me about piercings, BTW.

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF's blog with a similiar title and came across your post whether or not to have your 3-4 mos dd's ears pierced now.

We did our ODD at 3 mos after asking our ped. She encouraged me to go ahead when mom could care for them, she wouldn't remember and would be cooperative so they were perfectly centered on the ear lobe.

I'd say if your're thinking about it, then your mommy intuition is telling you now is a good time and earlier is better when you can care for them and she'll never remember or play with them during the healing process.

Modern ear piercing is a far cry from the old needle and thread. Today, they use sterile, disposable hypoallergenic earrings which have sharp piercing points which literally pierce an infant's thin ear lobes without any discomfort or pain. Our ped said if they cry, it is because of being restrained or the noise of the piercing instrument near their ears, not any pain.

Our ped gave us some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced.

If you or any moms would like our ped's tips, then write me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com