Monday, February 28, 2005

OSCAR, OSCAR READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

I love, LOVE the oscar's. Not really for the awards (they are usually boring), but mostly for the fashion and the history of great movies. I don't usually stay up for the entire show and last night was no exception (typically I last until after the best supporting actor/actress and then i'm ready for bed). So last night I was all excited watching the count down, all the rich and famous beatiful pps walking down the famous "red" carpet. I would give some sort of vital organ to do this some day, but for now all I can do is watch and wish I could be there.

There weren't many surprizes last night (already been on MSN, gotta love it!), the pps expected to win did. Congrats to Hilary Swank (Best Actress), Jamie Foxx (Best Actor), Morgan Freeman (Best Supporting Actor), Cate Blanchett (Best Supporting Actress) and Clint Eastwood for Best Director and Best picture. I'm kinda glad I didn't stay up as I it was v. predictable and boring. Chris Rock just didn't stand up to the job i'm afraid, he was just lacking something and it's hard to fill the shoes of the likes of Johnny Carson, BillyCrystal, etc, just didn't enjoy him last night ~sorry~.

So in typical blogger style here is my list of best dressed and worst dressed (in my opinion anyways)

Best Dressed :

Cate Blanchett - wearing a "gorgegous" Valentino pale yellow silk taffeta gown was just absolutely stunning and old fasion Hollywood. Loved everything about this dress, the train, the burgandy satin bow, the colour. This women is just beautiful inside and out and she's such a wonderful actress and i'm glad she brought the Ocsar home.

Halle Berry - Does this women ever, EVER look like shit?? Seriousily she could be wearing a potato sack and covered in horse manure and she would still be stunningily beautiful. I almost want to hate her but she's just such a nice, kind, genuine person that I can't. She was wearing a iridescent taupe silk chiffon Versace one shoulder gown with embroidered shirt. She looked flawless and radiant. Unlike some of the other women who chose to wear taupe (see more below) she pulls this off well and then some. Another Oscar dress well done. Whoever is her stylist deserves every penny they get as they know what she can and can't wear and time after time she is just amazing.

Kate Winslet - Again another beautiful, flawless women who never does wrong. Didn't really see much of her on the red carpet but in her photo's, WOW. She chose to wear a Badgley Mischka in periwinkle blue (my fav colour), with a beaded inset down the front of the bodice. Love the colour and the style of the dress. Perfect for her and she looked fab. My only hopes is that some day she does get awarded an oscar as she is a one of a kind talent and she deserves it (mabye next time)

Charlize Theron - Last years best actress winner didn't fail fashion wise this year either. This dress is just dreamy and wonderful. Loved the seafoam Dior gown, with endless amounts of tulle. Looked so fluffy and soft and she couldn't look any better. Well done Charlize.

Beyonce - This girl had more wardrobe changes throughout the night but her inital walk down the red carpet in a black silk velvet Versace was striking and just simply Beyonce. I am just thankful that she didn't wear one of her mother's gawd awful tacky pieces that she's worn in the past.

Scarlett Johansson - My first inital look at this dress was not good but the more I saw her in it the more I liked it plus her honest remark to a reporter that she "couldn't breathe" made me appreciate her humour and her spirit. I'm not a big fan of black but it's a timeless classic and this Roland Mouret gown had a classic 20's feel to it and it grew on me. So I had to put her here.

My in between girl (not sure if I like or dislike, leaning more towards dislike as of right now but i keep changing my mind) is none other than Hilary Swank. She wore a slim fitting, tight sapphire blue gown with long sleeves and high neck and totally backless, not leaving much to the imgination. She did look stunning and certainly got everyone's attention but again just not liking how "tight" it was and not digging.

Worst Dressed:

Natalie Portman - I normally like her and her tastes in clothes, but boy did she go wrong last night. I loved her Roman headpiece but that's as far as that goes. The dress was ill fitted and it just looked nasty. The colour was wrong, wrong wrong ~ girl you can do much, much better and your so pretty all I can say is why??

Gwyneth Paltrow - I'm not a fan of Gwyneth and I hated her pink dress that she wore years ago when she won for "Shakesphere in love". Last night was no different. The dress was ok but the taupe/beige colour was wrong on her. It would just be the same for me, it washes us out and therefore you don't, I repeat don't wear it. Plus she should have had her hair pulled back loosely, or in some kinda up to, i'm not a fan of having hair down with a gown (exception for Halle Berry only).

Rene Zellweger - Again not a fan of Rene, hate her facial expressions when she does the red carpet, hate how super duper skinney she is I almost want to jump thru the screen and give her a donut or something eat girl PLEAZE! Her dress wasn't bad but it was clung so tightly to her uber skinny frame and she looked pained when she walked, also do not, NOT like her brunette locks does not do a thing for her and pls go back to blonde asap

Regina King - Not sure what film this girl is in but she looks familar. Again this was a taupe/beige dress gone wrong. Nasty frilly thing on her shoulder and the colour just does not do her justice. I'm sure she's a beautiful lady, but she looked fugly last night ~sorry~

Melanie Griffith - nasty, nasty, nasty is all I can say about her dress and her mane of bleach blonde hair. She chose to wear Versace (and on anyone else it probably would have been ok) again in a beigey colour. Washed her out and all I can remember seeing is pleats of silk with some embroidery on it. Poor Mel looks like she has been rode hard and put away wet. One to many plastic surgeries perhaps?

That's my take on it all and i'm sure I forgot a few but that's all I saw last night and in some pics today so take it or leave it.

It's quite obvious that I have nothing really to do today and I have zero amount of energy to work today & i'm fighting an extreme headache (been with me since I woke up this "am") but i'm still here at work (only 2 wks left) and i'm on the hunt for a job. Ended up turning down the job in F'ton that I had an interview for last week ~ I wasn't anticipating them wanting me to start on Thursday and the more I thought about it and weighed out the pro's and con's it just wasn't worth it for me to go all that way (an hour) to be making what I would be making & I would be doing shift work starting my shift at like 4:45 PM until 1:00 AM in the morning, which means I wouldn't get home until after 2AM and when hubby finally gets back to work that just won't go over well, so I turned it down. May end up regretting it in fact I kinda already am but I am pretty sure I made the right decision. Something will come up and I didn't feel comfortable jumping on the first opportunity.

Well I should try to do something today but i'm not up to it. Supposed to go after work to have a super in my honour with most of the girls from work. Not really looking forward to it as it's really hitting home that I am going to be done in 2wks. Hard to believe & hard to take in.

That's all for today ~ i'm out

No comments: