Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat I Love you

I've never really talked about my two adorable, loveable kitty cats on here so I figured today is a good day to start & I have an interesting/funny (at least I think so) story to tell about them but first i'll give some details on my two babies. I only wish that I had a digital camera so that I could download pics and post them here......oh well mabye someday in the near future.

My first baby that I got was jynx, just before my birthday a year and a half ago. He goes by several versions of jynx, my particular favorite is Mr. Jynx or just jynxy which is what I call him most of the time. He is an attractive lad I must say but he's not all to bright in the brain department but he was my first baby and I love him. He's so furry and cuddly and he's like my own personal live teddy bear. Plus everytime he wants to cuddle he curls right up on my chest and purrs and I just love my jynxy.

My second baby happend by chance and I really wasn't looking to obtain another cat so soon after I just got a little kitty but my husband found this poor roughed up cat at our camp (which is now just down the road from our house, but anyways) he comes home one night from the camp and he's like guess what I found a camp cat, we can keep her at the camp to keep mice out of the camp and he was all excited. And all in one sentence he adds that he heard an owl in the area as well and the owl would probably eat the cat over then night and he wouldn't end up with a camp cat afterall. So once he states this fact I am like there is no way you are leaving a poor innocent cat out in the woods to be eaten by an owl. So off we go to get this cat who at first we thought was a female but then it grew some round little balls on it's backside and turns out that it's a male. We wen't for like 2 weeks without naming the poor thing but we finally tagged him just as Charlie Cat or Charlie. I never really bonded with Charlie but he has since really become my cat and he's very sleek and slender and he's definetely the smarter of the two. He may not be as cute and cuddly as jynxy but I still love him.

Now when we moved into our lovely/beautiful new home back in August of last year my cats were strictly in door cats, except for the odd day when my husband would let them lose at our old house they were never outside. I didn't want them out doors but my husband insisted & started putting them out and off they wen't, I didn't see a lot of them and I was beginning to miss them and it felt like I didn't even have cats ~ sob~. But now thanks to all this extremely cold and yucky winter weather I have cats again!!! Yipee!! The only thing was they had worms, which is totally sick and disgusting. Every day Charlie would have a little white wormy hanging off his bum and it was just so GROSS. Even worse the procrastinator that I am kept putting off getting their worm medicine/worm pills. This wen't on for well over a month of me running behind my cat with a kleenax picking worms off of his ass, so not fun let me tell you. Anyways I FINALLY wen't and got the worm pills on Monday now I just had the challenge of giving the pills (one this month & one again next) to them. DUN DUN DUN

I wasn't looking forward to cramming a pill down my cats throat but when I got home that night I just wanted it done & over with so I got my hubby to help by wrapping the cat up in a towel while I buttered up the pill and got it ready. We figured we would do Charlie first as he is the smarter of the two and if he watched us do jynxy there would be no way we would ever get the pill in him & he's the one who had the worms on his ass.....anyways we do him no problem slick as pie and onto poor mr.jynx. oh the trama. first of all we couldn't get him to stay and wrap him in a towel, then my hubby couldn't keep ahold of him and we could not get his mouth to open all I could see were his little teeth which quite honestly creeped me the hell out and still does now that I think back ~shudders~. Anyways we kept popping the pill in and he'd spit it right back out at us and get caught in his long hair of his, it was quite the ordeal well into at least 5 min when we finally got it into the poor bugger. He was not impressed and he stayed in the basement the rest of the evening. So now at least I don't have to worry about worms again at least until spring anyways when they start going back outside and killing moles, mice and god knows what else.

So that's my blog about my kitties ~ another one bites the dust. Until another day

No comments: